On May 16, 2008, at 5:17 PM, Karsten Bolding wrote:

I wonder if our difference is that you're using LT 1.2.26 -- not
something that I have tried in a long, long time (if ever -- I don't
remember the last version of the LT 1.2 series that I tried). Can you
upgrade to LT 2.2 or higher?

its 1.5.26 not 1.2.26 and its from Feb 1st 2008 according the the

Sorry, I meant the 1.5 series, not the 1.2 series.

libtool download page. And it is what comes with ubuntu (and debian).
'm not very much in favor of a manual update since I might break other
things.

I tend to believe it is libtool taht is the problem - a pity since it is
out of our hands :-).

Not really. You can install your own copy of the AM/AC/LT trio in a non-default location. I believe all of the OMPI developers do this -- I personally install all 3 under $HOME/new-gnu. That way, you don't screw up a trio that's installed on your system, etc.

Cisco Systems