The openmpi is installed in the following path: /opt/openmpi/1.2.7 so should i
replce what you told me about /usr/lib with /opt/openmpi/1.2.7 ??

--- On Wed, 9/17/08, Jeff Squyres <jsquy...@cisco.com> wrote:

From: Jeff Squyres <jsquy...@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] errors returned from openmpi-1.2.7 source code
To: "Open MPI Users" <us...@open-mpi.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 9:22 AM

I don't quite understand the format of this file, but at first glance,
you shouldn't need the following lines:

export LIBMPI = -lmpi

export MPIDIR=/nfs/sjafer/phd/openMPI/installed
export LDFLAGS +=-L$(MPIDIR)/lib
export INCLUDES_CPP += -I$(MPIDIR)/include

It also doesn't seem like the last 2 arguments of this line are a good
idea (the linker should automatically put /usr/lib and /lib in your
search path, if appropriate):

export LDFLAGS+=-L. -L$/usr/lib -L$/lib

I also notice:

export CPP=mpic++
export CC=mpiCC

I think you want "mpicc" for CC (note the lower case) -- mpiCC is the
++ compiler (mpic++ and mpiCC are synonyms).

This might solve your problem.

On Sep 15, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Shafagh Jafer wrote:

> i am sending you my simulator's Makefile.common which points to
> openmpi, please take a look at it. Thanks a lot.

this is
> almost always the
> easiest way to compile MPI applications: use that implementation's
> "wrapper" compiler (I'm assuming you have a C++ code in this
> case).
>
> These errors should not normally happen; they look kinda like you're
> somehow inadvertently mixing Open MPI and MPICH.
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems

Cisco Systems