Am 14.10.2008 um 23:39 schrieb Craig Tierney:

Reuti wrote:
Am 14.10.2008 um 23:18 schrieb Craig Tierney:
Ralph Castain wrote:
I -think- there is...at least here, it does seem to behave that way on our systems. Not sure if there is something done locally to make it work. Also, though, I have noted that LD_LIBRARY_PATH does seem to be getting forwarded on the 1.3 branch in some environments. OMPI isn't doing it directly to the best of my knowledge, but I think the base environment might be. Specifically, I noticed it on slurm earlier today. I'll check the others as far as I can.
Craig: what environment are you using? ssh?
Ralph

We are using ssh (we do not use tight integration in SGE).
Hi Craig, may I ask why? You compiled Open MPI without SGE support, as in 1.2.7 it's in by default AFAIK? - Reuti

Only because we don't have it on.  When we first started using
SGE around 2002, we hadn't used it.  It is on our list of things to

This was still Codine 5.3 - or already SGE?

do, but it is not trivial to just turn on and validate. We compiled all versions of OpenMPI we have used (1.2.4,1.2.6, and 1.2.7) with --without- gridengine.

It's built-in and you don't need any special start- or stop_proc_args, just /bin/true will do. It could even be, that copying the CODINE_* to SGE_* might make Open MPI usable with Codine.

If you want to set some things for ssh login, you can put the necessary things in ~/.bashrc.

-- Reuti

Craig

Craig