On Oct 21, 2008, at 9:14 AM, SLIM H.A. wrote:

I have built the release candidate for ga-4.1 with OpenMPI 1.2.3 and
portland compilers 7.0.2 for Myrinet mx.

Running the test.x for 3 Myrinet nodes each with 4 cores I get the
following error messages:

warning:regcache incompatible with malloc
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
[0,1,3]: OpenIB on host node057 was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.

FWIW, this specific warning is fixed in the upcoming v1.3 series (I assume you built on a machine with libibverbs installed, but no OpenFabrics-capable devices).

IIRC, you can manually disable this warning by telling Open MPI to avoid the openib BTL (I can't test the v1.2 series on a linux machine ATM to verify this):

  mpirun --mca btl ^openib ...

ARMCI configured for 3 cluster nodes. Network protocol is 'MPI-SPAWN'.
0:Segmentation Violation error, status=: 11
0:ARMCI DASSERT fail. signaltrap.c:SigSegvHandler():299 cond:0
4:Segmentation Violation error, status=: 11
4:ARMCI DASSERT fail. signaltrap.c:SigSegvHandler():299 cond:0
6:Segmentation Violation error, status=: 11
6:ARMCI DASSERT fail. signaltrap.c:SigSegvHandler():299 cond:0

It looks like ARMCI is seg faulting...? Beyond that, Bad Things will happen at the MPI layer before it aborts.

I'm unfamiliar with "ga" or ARMCI, so I don't know exactly what's happening here...

Cisco Systems