Hi Jeff,
i would like to understand why, if i run over 512 procs or more, my
code stops over mpi collective, also with little send buffer. All
processors are locked into call, doing nothing. But, if i add
MPI_Barrier  after MPI collective, it works! I run over Infiniband
net.

I know many people with this strange problem, i think there is a
strange interaction between Infiniband and OpenMPI that causes it.