Hello George,

Thanks for your messages. Yes i disconnect my different worlds before calling MPI_Finalize().

Bernard

George Bosilca a écrit :
I was somehow confused when I wrote my last email and I mixed up the MPI versions (thanks to Dick Treumann for gently pointing me to the truth). Before MPI 2.1, the MPI Standard was unclear how the MPI_Finalize should behave in the context of spawned or joined worlds, which make the disconnect+finalize the only safe and portable way to correctly finalize all processes connected. However, the MPI 2.1 had clarified this point, and now MPI_Finalize is collective over all connected processes (for a definition of connected processes please see the MPI 2.1 10.5 page 318).

However, if you really want to write a portable MPI application, I suggest to use the disconnect+finalize, at least until all MPI libraries available are 2.1 compliant.

Open MPI 1.3 version was supposed to be 2.1 compliant, so I guess I'll have to create a new bug report for this.

  Thanks,
    george.