On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Reuti <re...@staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Am 31.01.2009 um 08:49 schrieb Sangamesh B:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Reuti <re...@staff.uni-marburg.de>
>> wrote:

>>> I think this might already be the reason why it's not working. A mpihello
>>> program is running fine through SGE?
>>>
>> No.
>>
>> Any Open MPI parallel job thru SGE runs only if its running on a
>> single node (i.e. 8processes on 8 cores of a single node). If number
>> of processes is more than 8, then SGE will schedule it on 2 nodes -
>> the job will fail with the above error.
>>
>> Now I did a loose integration of Open MPI 1.3 with SGE. The job runs,
>> but all 16 processes run on a single node.
>
> What are the entries in `qconf -sconf`for:
>
> rsh_command
> rsh_daemon

$ qconf -sconf
global:
execd_spool_dir              /opt/gridengine/default/spool
qrsh_command                 /usr/bin/ssh
rsh_command                  /usr/bin/ssh
rlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh
rsh_daemon                   /usr/sbin/sshd
qrsh_daemon                  /usr/sbin/sshd
reprioritize                 0

I think its better to check once with Open MPI 1.2.8

> What is your mpirun command in the jobscript - you are getting there the
> mpirun from Open MPI? According to the output below, it's not a loose
> integration, but you prepare alraedy a machinefile, which is superfluous for
> Open MPI.

No. I've not prepared the machinefile for Open MPI.
For Tight integartion job:

/opt/mpi/openmpi/1.3/intel/bin/mpirun -np $NSLOTS
$CPMDBIN/cpmd311-ompi-mkl.x  wf1.in $PP_LIBRARY >
wf1.out_OMPI$NSLOTS.$JOB_ID

For loose integration job:

/opt/mpi/openmpi/1.3/intel/bin/mpirun -np $NSLOTS -hostfile
$TMPDIR/machines  $CPMDBIN/cpmd311-ompi-mkl.x  wf1.in $PP_LIBRARY >
wf1.out_OMPI_$JOB_ID.$NSLOTS

I think I should check with Open MPI 1.2.8. That may work..

Thanks,
Sangamesh