Jeff, Thanks for helping me.

Is this a Fortran program, perchance?

Yes, it has been written by f77, but I have compiled it with gfortran. People
have also done the same with no problem.

Do you have access to the source code?  I wonder if the program is
internally raising an error and effectively aborting itself.  Do you
know that the application runs correctly?  Do you have any test data
sets that you can try that give known outputs?

Yes, I have installed the source code. I have not been able to run the program
in parallel, but I have run my inputs sequentially and got satisfactory
results.

If you allow me, I can send the details of the code to your email.