Actually, this was also the subject of another email thread on the user list earlier today. The user noted that we had lost an important line in our Makefile.am for the tm plm module, and that this was the root cause of the problems you and others have been seeing. We don't see it here because we always configure as shown below.

This has been fixed in the upcoming 1.3.1 release.

In the meantime, if you configure with --enable-static --enable- shared, the required library will be linked into OMPI and will be available.

Sorry for the problem.
Ralph