On Feb 13, 2009, at 4:39 AM, jody wrote:

Yes, it was doing no sensible work -
It was only intended to show the error message.

I now downloaded the latest nightly tarball and installed it,
and used your version of the test programm. It works -
*if* is use the entire path to mpirun:

[jody@localhost 3D]$  /opt/openmpi-1.3.1a0r20534/bin/mpirun -np 2 ./sr

That's interesting. Note that if you give the full pathname to mpirun, it is the same as using the --prefix option to mpirun.

This leads me to suspect that you have a version mismatch of Open MPI somewhere. Can you verify that you are using only one version of Open MPI and not accidentally using multiple versions when you mpirun?

Cisco Systems