Hi Gary,

that is a linker warning.
You probably have a libgcc_s.so in 32 and 64 bit. The linker finds the "wrong" version first and skips it. After that the matching one is linked and thus your program runs.
So nothing to worry about.

To avoid the warning you can switch the (default) search order.

best regards,
Samuel

Gary Draving wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting a "/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so when searching for -lgcc_s" when compiling some of the openmpi 1.3 examples. The programs still compile and run. Does anyone know if this warning is something I should be concerned about and/or how I can get it resolved.

Thanks,
Gary

[admin@compute-0-39 progs]$ /usr/local/bin/mpicc hello.c -o hello
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so when searching for -lgcc_s