From: Jeff Squyres <jsquy...@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ptrdiff_t undefined error on intel 64bit machine with
intel compilers
To: "Open MPI Users" <us...@open-mpi.org>
Date: Friday, February 20, 2009, 8:37 AM

Can you also send a copy of your mpi.h? (OMPI's mpi.h is generated by
configure; I want to see what was put into your mpi.h)

Finally, what version of icc are you using?  I test regularly with icc 9.0,
9.1, 10.0, and 10.1 with no problems.  Are you using newer or older?  (I
don't have immediate access to 11.x or 8.x)

On Feb 20, 2009, at 8:09 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Can you send your config.log as well?
>
> It looks like you forgot to specify FC=ifort on your configure line (i.e.,
you need to specify F77=ifort for the Fortran 77 *and* FC=ifort for the Fortran
90 compiler -- this is an Autoconf thing; we didn't make it up).

> That shouldn't be the problem here, but I thought I'd mention it.
>

> On Feb 19, 2009, at 12:00 PM, Tamara Rogers wrote:
>

>> Jeff:
>> You're correct. That was the incorrect config file. I've
attached the correct one as per the recommendations in the help page.

<us...@open-mpi.org>
>> Date: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 8:32 AM
>>
>> Your config.log looks incomplete -- it failed saying that your C and
C++
>> compilers were incompatible with each other.
>>
>> This does not seem related to what you described -- are you sure
you're
>> sending the right config.log?
>>
>> Specifically, can you send all the information listed here:
>>
>>    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/
>>

>> On Feb 17, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Tamara Rogers wrote:
>>
>> > Hello all:
>> > I was unable to compile the latest version (1.3) on my intel
64bit system
>> with the intel compilers (version 9.0). Configuration goes fine, but I
get this
>> error when running make:
>> >
>> > ../../ompi/include/mpi.h(203): error: identifier
"ptrdiff_t" is

>> users mailing list
>> us...@open-mpi.org
>

> --Jeff Squyres