Hi,

I'm trying to use valgrind to check if we have any memory problems in our code when running with parallel processors. However, when I run using mpi and valgrind I crashes in various places. For example some of the times it will crash with a segfault within MPI_Allgatherv despite the fact that all the arguments to the all gather on all processors is completely valid. If we don't use valgrind the program runs just fine. This is on a Debian(lenny) 64 bit machine using the stock mpi package. The command used to launch the job is: mpirun -np 8 valgrind -v --log-file=valgrind.%p executable. Are valgrind and openmpi compatible? Is there any special tricks to getting them to work together?

Thanks,
Justin