Or you can just add --leave-session-attached to your mpirun cmd line

On Mar 19, 2009, at 8:10 AM, Rolf Vandevaart wrote:

On 03/19/09 09:55, Dave Love wrote:
Prentice Bisbal <prent...@ias.edu> writes:
I just installed OpenMPI 1.3 with tight integration for SGE. Version
1.2.8 was working just fine for several months in the same arrangement.

Now that I've upgraded to 1.3, I get the following errors in my standard
error file:

mca_common_sm_mmap_init: open /tmp/968.1.all.q/openmpi-sessions- prent ice@node09.aurora_0/21400/1/shared_mem_pool.node09.aurora failed with
errno=2
Has this been addressed, or does it need an actual bug report? I assume
it's orthogonal to https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/1783,
mentioned later in the thread.

It turns out they are related. We only get these errors when we daemonize the orteds. The fix for this is in the trunk and it will be in 1.3.2 (but it is not in 1.3.1 or 1.3.0).

You can workaround this in 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 with this parameter:

--mca orte_leave_session_attached 1

This will prevent the daemonizing and the mca_common_sm_mmap_init error should go away. I will also add this to the existing bug report.

Rolf