George --

Did we change anything about the fixed ports stuff between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1?

Jerome -- can you send the full mpirun command / environment variables / MCA file settings that you tried to run to generate the error message that you showed?

On Mar 27, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Manuel Prinz wrote:

Am Freitag, den 27.03.2009, 20:34 +0800 schrieb Jerome BENOIT:
> I have just tried the Sid package (1.3-2), but it does not work properly
> (when the firewall are off)

Though this should work, the version in Sid is broken in other respects.
I do not recommend using it.

> I have just read that the current stable version for OpenMPI is now 1.3.1:
> I will give it a try once it will be packaged in Sid.

I'm the Open MPI maintainer in Debian and am planning to upload a fixed
version soon, possible around middle of next week. (It has to be
coordinated with the release team.) There is a working version availble in SVN (try "debcheckout openmpi"). You can either build it yourself or I could build it for you. You can mail me in private if you'd like me to
do so. Please not that installing the new version will break other
MPI-related Debian packages. I can explain you the details in private
mail since I think this is off-topic for the list.

Best regards
Manuel