Is there a firewall somewhere ?

Jerome

Guanyinzhu wrote:
Hi! I'm using OpenMPI 1.3 on ten nodes connected with Gigabit Ethernet on Redhat Linux x86_64. I run a test like this: just killed the orted process and the job hung for a long time (hang for 2~3 hours then I killed the job). I have the follow questions: when network failed or host failed or orted deamon was killed by accident, How long would the running mpi job notice and exit? Does OpenMPI support a heartbeat mechanism or how could I fast detect the failture to avoid the mpi job hang? thanks a lot!