PS - Kritiraj

Reading your message more carefully, I saw that you did this:

****
Open the $HOME/.bashrc and added the following:

PATH="/usr/local/include:$PATH"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

****

However, this is what you should have done:

****
Open the $HOME/.bashrc and added the following:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

****

Note that /usr/local/bin, not /usr/local/include should be
pre-pended to your PATH!

Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA

Gus Correa wrote:
Hi Kritiraj

This looks like as many other errors reported on this list
that are caused by using the wrong MPI compiler wrappers
or the wrong mpirun/mpiexec.
Typically this is caused by a PATH environment variable that
is pointing to the wrong executables (mpicc, mpirun).
Most Linux distributions, compilers, etc, come with their
own MPI versions, and this can be very confusing.

Try using full path names for mpicc and for mpirun.
That is bullet proof method to get exactly what you want.
In your case use /usr/local/bin (as you configured with --prefix=/usr/local).
(Actually, I prefer to configure with a more distinctive
name to the prefix, something like /usr/local/openmpi-1.3.2,
to avoid any confusion with other MPIs.)

You can also try "which mpicc" and "which mpirun",
or "mpicc --showme" and "mpirun --help" to get a bit more
information about what you are really using.

I hope this helps.
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA

Kritiraj Sajadah wrote:
Dear All,
          I have install and configured openmpi with BLCR on my laptop:

1) configure and install blcr

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --enable-debug=yes --enable-libcr-tracing=yes --enable-kernel-tracing=yes --enable-testsuite=yes --enable-all-static=yes --enable-static=yes

make
make install

2) configure and install openmpi

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --enable-picky --enable-debug --enable-mpi-profile --enable-mpi-cxx --enable-pretty-print-stacktrace --enable-binaries --enable-trace --enable-static=yes --enable-debug --with-devel-headers=1 --with-mpi-param-check=always --with-ft=cr --enable-ft-thread --with-blcr=/usr/local/ --with-blcr-libdir=/usr/local/lib --enable-mpi-threads=yes

make all install

3) add the environment variables.

Open the $HOME/.bashrc and added the following:

PATH="/usr/local/include:$PATH"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

Now the problem:

I am trying to checkpoint the following MPI application:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <mpi.h>

main(int argc, char **argv)
{
   int node;
      MPI_Init(&argc,&argv);
   MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &node);
        printf("Hello World from Node %d\n",node);
               MPI_Finalize();
}

I am running mpirun as follows:

raj-laptop> mpirun -am ft-enable-cr helloworld.

The errors are as follows:

It looks like opal_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during opal_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  opal_cr_init() failed failed
  --> Returned value -1 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS
*** An error occurred in MPI_Init
*** before MPI was initialized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now abort)
[raj-laptop:9439] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to guarantee that all other processes were killed! [raj-laptop:09439] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file runtime/orte_init.c at line 77 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or environment
problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
developer):

  ompi_mpi_init: orte_init failed
  --> Returned "Error" (-1) instead of "Success" (0)

Is it something to do with me running it on a single node; i.e my laptop? or is it something to do with configurations or libraries?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards,

Raj