From: Joe Landman <land...@scalableinformatics.com>
To: Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 3:34:40 PM
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem getting OpenMPI to run

Jeff Layton wrote:
> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Jeff Layton wrote:
>>
>>> error: executing task of job 3084 failed: execution daemon on host
>>> "compute-2-2.local" didn't accept task
>>>

>> This looks like an error message from the resource manager/scheduler -- not
>> from OMPI (i.e., OMPI tried to launch a process on a node and the launch
>> failed because something rejected it).
>>
>> Which one are you using?

When you built Open-MPI, did you use the

    --with-sge

switch?  Or if this is an OFED release, is it possible that this wasn't
specified?

FWIW, this looks like a Rocks compute node ("compute-2-2.local" gives that
away).  The OFED Rolls in Rocks have had a few issues in the past with how they
were built, so you may be running into that.  If you didn't build it yourself,
I'd suggest at least giving that a try.

Alternatively, OFED-1.4 is pretty good.  Has a later version of Open-MPI than
1.3.x

Joe

> SGE

-- Joseph Landman, Ph.D