Hi Raymond ,

Thanks for the tips,
I configured out the problem, its with the .bashrc in the nodes.
When logged in to Bash in 'non-interactive' mode, I figured out that "$MPI\bin" folder is missing in the PATH.
I edited .bashrc in every node so that the "$MPI_HOME/bin" is added to PATH.

Setting the PATH in /etc/profile wont help to run MPI.(well.. at least in Debian )

Thanks and best regards,
umanga

Hi Ashika,

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya wrote:
In my MPI environment I have 3 Debian machines all setup openMPI in /usr/local/openMPI,
configured PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly.
And I have also configured passwordless SSH login in each node.

But when I execute my application , it gives following error , what seems to be the problem ?

Have you check whether or not mpirun works on a single machine (i.e., mpirun -np 4 -host localhost mandel)? Did you install openmpi from source or via the apt-get package manager? I used the pkg mgr and orted is located at /usr/bin/orted -- do you have this file on all 3 systems?

And this is Debian stable?

Ray