Hi
Are you also sure that you have the same version of Open-MPI
on every machine of your cluster, and that it is the mpicxx of this
version that is called when you run your program?
I ask because you mentioned that there was an old version of Open-MPI
present... die you remove this?

Jody

>>> for "ompi_comm_invalid".) at communicator.h:261