I believe we are moving that capability into the 1.3.4 release (and all subsequent releases) as we speak...

On Jul 23, 2009, at 6:08 PM, David Doria wrote:

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Ralph Castain<r...@open-mpi.org> wrote:
I doubt those two would work together - however, a combination of 1.3.2 and
1.3.3 should.

You might look at the ABI compatibility discussion threads (there have been several) on this list for the reasons. Basically, binary compatibility is
supported starting with 1.3.2 and above.

Ok - I'll make sure to use all the same version. Is there anyway that
can be detected and an error thrown? It took me quite a while to
figure out that one machine was the wrong version.

Thanks,

David