On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Ralph Castain <r...@open-mpi.org> wrote:

> Ah, so there is a firewall involved? That is always a problem. I gather
> that node 126 has clear access to all other nodes, but nodes 122, 123, and
> 125 do not all have access to each other?
> See if your admin is willing to open at least one port on each
> node that can reach all other nodes. It is easiest if it is the same port for
> every node,
> but not required. Then you can try setting
> the mca params oob_tcp_port_minv4 and
> oob_tcp_port_rangev4. This should allow the daemons to communicate.
>
> Check ompi_info --param oob tcp for info on those (and other) params.
>
> Ralph
>
> On Jul 29, 2009, at 2:46 PM, David Doria wrote:

Machine 125 had the default fedora firewall turned on. I turned it off and
it works now with simply
mpirun -H 10.1.2.126,10.1.2.122,10.1.2.123,10.1.2.125 hello-mpi

(the firewalls on the rest of the machines were already off in an attempt to
avoid problems like this - I guess I just forgot one!)

Is there a "standard" port I can open on these local firewalls so I don't
have to disable them completely and so I don't have to set mca params
oob_tcp_port_X ?

Thanks,

David