A comment to the below. I meant the 2x performance was for shared memory communications.

--td
Message: 3
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:55:42 -0400
From: Terry Dontje <terry.don...@sun.com>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Performance difference on OpenMPI, IntelMPI
        and ScaliMPI
To: us...@open-mpi.org

We've found on certain applications binding to processors can have up to a 2x difference. ScaliMPI automatically binds processes by socket so if you are not running a one process per cpu job each process will land on a different socket. OMPI defaults to not binding at all. You may want to try and use the rankfile option (see manpage) and see if that helps any.

If the above doesn't improve anything the next question is do you know what the sizes of the messages are? For very small messages I believe Scali shows a 2x better performance than Intel and OMPI (I think this is due to a fastpath optimization).