I think I've solved my problem:

in the previous code the arguments of the MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple where
filled only by the "root" process not by all the process in the group. Now
all the ranks have all that information and the spawn is done correctly.
But I read on http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi21-report/node203.htm that
those information are significant only at root.
In any case now it works.

Thanks,
Federico