Hi Marcus,

Marcus Daniels wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to do passive one-sided communication, unlocking a receive buffer when it is safe and then re-locking it when data has arrived. Locking also occurs for the duration of a send. I also tried using post/wait and start/put/complete, but with that I see hangs on the complete.
What would cause an error like this?
[snout.lanl.gov:713] *** An error occurred in MPI_Win_lock
[snout.lanl.gov:713] *** on win 5
[snout.lanl.gov:713] *** MPI_ERR_RMA_SYNC: error executing rma sync
[snout.lanl.gov:713] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now abort)
[snout.lanl.gov:713] Delaying for 30 seconds before aborting
[snout.lanl.gov:712] Delaying for 30 seconds before aborting
[snout.lanl.gov:00711] 1 more process has sent help message help-mpi-errors.txt / mpi_errors_are_fatal [snout.lanl.gov:00711] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to see all help / error messages

Is one sided communication well-tested? I'm doing these experiments on one machine (a Mac).

In my experience it is rather untested, especially because the user base is small. I have now a programm with one-sided communication (MPI_Put) with fence synchronization and predefined datatypes, running stable with open mpi (works well as far as I can tell). I didn't tested pscw synchronization or locking so far (because they don't work with my algorithms) ...

Does your code run with other mpi implementations (e.g. mpich2). Could you post a code snippet?

Dorian

Marcus