Hi Ralph,

Thank you for you help. This is exactly what I wanted!

Regards,

Jason

Ralph Castain wrote:
Hmmm...well, here is one way to do it:

mpirun -n 1 -host n0 ./master_worker : -n N-1 -host +e ./master_worker

What this will do is put rank 0 on the first node in your allocation, and then all the remaining ranks on the remaining nodes in the allocation. All the ranks will be in the same comm_world.

Check out "man orte_hosts" for a detailed explanation (with examples) of this "relative node indexing" syntax.

HTH
Ralph