We don't support the ability to add a new host during a comm_spawn call in
the 1.3 series. This is a feature that is being added for the upcoming new
feature series release (tagged 1.5).

There are two solutions to this problem in 1.3:

1. declare all hosts at the beginning of the job. You can then specify which
one to use with the "host" key.

2. you -can- add a hostfile to the job during a comm_spawn. This is done
with the "add-hostfile" key. All the hosts in the hostfile will be added to
the job. You can then specify which host(s) to use for this particular
comm_spawn with the "host" key.

All of this is documented - you should see it with a "man MPI_Comm_spawn"
command.

If you need to dynamically add a host via "host" before then, you could try
downloading a copy of the developer's trunk from the OMPI web site. It is
implemented there at this time - and also documented via the man page.

Ralph