Nope - I've been running on Snow Leopard almost since the day it came out without problem.

Key was that I had to re-install all my 3rd party software (e.g., compilers) from Macports or wherever as none of the stuff I had installed on Leopard would work properly after the upgrade.

Didn't realize that until I found a thread on the Macports list where it was pointed out that you have to completely reinstall all such software after every major Mac OSX upgrade (i.e., from Tiger to Leopard to Snow Leopard).