Finally, it seems I'm able to run my program on a remote host.

The problem was due to some firewall settings. Modifying the firewall ACCEPT
policy as shown below, did the work.

# /etc/init.d/ip6tables stop
Resetting built-in chains to the default ACCEPT policy:         [  OK  ]
# /etc/init.d/iptables stop
Resetting built-in chains to the default ACCEPT policy:         [  OK  ]

Another related query:

Let me mention once again, I had installed openmpi-1.3.3 separately on two
of my machines ict1 and ict2. Now when I issue the following command :

$ mpirun --prefix /usr/local/openmpi-1.3.3/ -np 4 --host ict2,ict1 hello_c
mpirun was unable to launch the specified application as it could not find
an executable:

Executable: hello_c
Node: ict1

while attempting to start process rank 1.

So, I did a *make* on the examples directory on ict1 to generate the
executable (One can also copy the executable from ict2 to ict1 in the same
directory).

Now, it seems to run fine.

$ mpirun --prefix /usr/local/openmpi-1.3.3/ -np 4 --host ict2,ict1 hello_c
Hello, world, I am 0 of 8
Hello, world, I am 2 of 8
Hello, world, I am 4 of 8
Hello, world, I am 6 of 8
Hello, world, I am 5 of 8
Hello, world, I am 3 of 8
Hello, world, I am 7 of 8
Hello, world, I am 1 of 8
$

This implies that one has to copy the executables in the remote host each
time one requires to run a program which is different from the previous one.

Is the implication correct or is there some way around.

Thanks,