Normally, one does simply set the ld_library_path in your environment to
point to the right thing. Alternatively, you could configure OMPI with

--enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default

This tells OMPI to automatically add the prefix you configured the system
with to your ld_library_path and path envars. It should solve your problem,
if you don't want to simply set those values in your environment anyway.

Ralph