Please see my earlier response. This proposed solution will work, but may be
unstable as it (a) removes all of OMPI's internal variables, some of which
are required; and (b) also removes all the variables that might be needed by
your system. For example, envars directing the use of specific transports,
or defining buffer sizes, will all be removed from the subsequent execution.

So it can work - but may lead to surprising results. Definitely a "user
beware" method.

:-)

Ralph