Hi,

Did you load the BLCR modules before compiling OpenMPI?

Regards,
Sergio

Mohamed Adel escribió:
Dear OMPI users,

I'm a new OpenMPI user. I've configured openmpi-1.3.3 with those options
"./configure --prefix=/home/mab/openmpi-1.3.3 --with-sge --enable-ft-thread
--with-ft=cr --enable-mpi-threads --enable-static --disable-shared
--with-blcr=/home/mab/blcr-0.8.2/" then compiled and installed it successfully.
Now I'm trying to use the checkpoint/restart protocol. I run a program with the options
"mpirun -n 2 -am ft-enable-cr -H localhost prime/checkpoint-restart-test" but I
receive the following error:

*** An error occurred in MPI_Init
*** before MPI was initialized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now abort)
[madel:28896] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to
guarantee that all other processes were killed!
It looks like opal_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during opal_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  opal_cr_init() failed failed
  --> Returned value -1 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS
[madel:28896] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file
runtime/orte_init.c at line 77
It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or environment
problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
developer):

  ompi_mpi_init: orte_init failed
  --> Returned "Error" (-1) instead of "Success" (0)

I can't find the files mentioned in this post
"http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2009/09/10641.php";
(mca_crs_blcr.so, mca_crs_blcr.la). Could you please help me with that error?

Thanks in advance
Mohamed Adel