I want to run a number of MPI executables simultaneously in a PBS job.
For example on my system I do 'cat $PBS_NODEFILE' and get a list like
this:

n04
n04
n04
n04
n06
n06
n06
n06
n07
n07
n07
n07
n09
n09
n09
n09

i.e, 16 processors on 4 nodes. from which I can parse into file(s) as
desired.  If I want to run prog1 on 1 node (4 processors), prog2 on 1
node (4 processors), and prog3 on 2 nodes (8 processors), I think the
syntax will be something like:

  mpirun -np 4 --hostfile nodefile1 prog1: \
         -np 4 --hostfile nodefile2 prog2: \
         -np 8 --hostfile nodefile3 prog3

Where nodefile1, nodefile2, and nodefile3 are the lists extracted from
PBS_NODEFILE.  Is this correct?  Any suggestion/advice, (e.g. syntax of
the 'nodefiles'), is appreciated.

T. Rosmond