You might also want to ensure that your Open MPI was built with OpenFabrics support (i.e., to use verbs directly instead of IPoIB). Try this:

   ompi_info | grep openib

If that returns a line with "openib" and "btl" in it, then your Open MPI has OpenFabrics support (we named the plugin "openib" way back when the OpenFabrics project was named "OpenIB" -- we stuck with the name rather than updating it). If the output is empty, then your Open MPI wasn't build with verbs/OpenFabrics support.