Hi Josh,

In case it help, I am running 1.3.3 compiled as follow :
../configure --enable-ft-thread --with-ft=cr --enable-mpi-threads --with-blcr=... --with-blcr-libdir=...--disable-openib-rdmacm --prefix=....

I ran my application like this :
mpirun -am ft-enable-cr --hostfile host -np 2 ./a.out

where host contains:
node1
node2

This way it work if I checkpoint restart :
ompi-restart -hostfile host ompi_global_snapshot_....ckpt

but if I then change the host to (just swapping nodes):
node2
node1

then it crash...

thanks

Josh Hursey wrote:
Though I do not test this scenario (using hostfiles) very often, it used to work. The ompi-restart command takes a --hostfile (or --machinefile) argument that is passed directly to the mpirun command. I wonder if something broke recently with this handoff. I can certainly checkpoint with one set of nodes/allocation and restart with another, but most/all of my testing occurs in a SLURM environment, so no need for an explicit hostfile.

I'll take a look to see if I can reproduce, but probably will not be until next week.

-- Josh