If it would help, I have time and am willing to add notifier calls to this area
of the code base. You'll still get the errors shown here as I always bury the
notifier call behind the error check that surrounds these error messages to
avoid impacting the critical path, but you would be able to gt syslog messages
(or whatever channel you choose) as well.

Ralph