Here's the comment I put in OMPI's configure script with regards to the
offsetof problem:

# This macro checks to ensure that the compiler properly supports
# offsetof().  The PGI compilers had a problem with this macro in some
# versions of their compiler on some platforms (e.g., 9.0-1 on
# x86_64).  The workaround is to use -DNO_PGI_OFFSET in these cases.
# A bug report was submitted to PGI support in late June 2009; the
# problem was apparently a trivial typo in one of their header files
# and should be fixed in subsequent releases (e.g., 9.0-2?).

I don't know the exact version of PGI 9.0-x where it was fixed, but I'm pretty
sure it *was* fixed at some point.  Regardless, the workaround (add
-DNO_PGI_OFFSET to CPPFLAGS) should make it work for you.