Hi, I am just reposting my early query once again. If anyone one can give some hint, that would be great.

Thanks, Jaison
ANU

Jaison Paul wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to use MPI for scientific High Performance (hpc) applications. I use MPI_Spawn to create child processes. Is there a way to start child processes early than the parent process, using MPI_Spawn?

I want this because, my experiments showed that the time to spawn the children by parent is too long for HPC apps which slows down the whole process. If the children are ready when parent application process seeks for them, that initial delay can be avoided. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Jaison
Australian National University