hmmm, that's really strage, as the orted could be launched on remote machine, that means your WMI is working properly, and of course your settings are correct, but I don't know why the launched orted couldn't talk to the head node, and why the mpirun crashes. There could be other things causing the problem.

I'll try to find two Windows 7 machines and test again, and I'll let you know ASAP if I get something.

Regards,
Shiqing

Charles Shuller wrote:
I get the same behavior regardless of which machine I execute mpirun from.

The security settings I altered were to add the user to both  DCOM
Access and Launch with all options set to allow.
In WMI, I add the user to the CIMV2 namespace and grant all permissions
except edit security.
Windows firewall is turned off on both machines.

Did I leave anything out?

Thanks!

Charles