Hey,
I only may to add the XRC and RC have the same latency.
What is the command line that you use to run this benchmark ?
What is the system configuration  (one hca, one active port ) ?
Any addition information about system configuration, mpi command line, etc. will help to analyze your issue.

Regards,
Pasha (Mellanox guy :-) )

Jeff Squyres wrote:
I'll defer to the Mellanox guys to reply more in detail, but here's a few
thoughts:

- Is MVAPICH using XRC?  (I never played with XRC much; it would surprise me if
it caused instability on the order of up to 100 micros -- I ask just to see if
it is an apples-to-apples comparison)

- The nRepeats value in this code is only 10, meaning that it only seems to be
doing 10 iterations on each size.  For small sizes, this might well be not
enough to be accurate.  Have you tried increasing it?  Or using a different
benchmark app, such as NetPIPE, osu_latency, ...etc.?