On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Joshua Hursey <jjhur...@open-mpi.org> wrote:
<snip>

> Yes, ompi-restart should be printing a helpful message and exiting normally.
> Thanks for the bug report. I believe that I have seen and fixed this on a
> development branch making its way to the trunk. I'll make sure to move the
> fix to the 1.4 series once it has been applied to the trunk.
>
> I filed a ticket on this if you wanted to track the issue.
>  https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/2329

Ah, that's great. Just wondering, do you have any idea why blcr-util
is required? That package only contains the cr_* binaries (cr_restart,
cr_checkpoint, cr_run) and some docs (manpages, changelog, etc.). I've
filled a Debian bug (#572229) about making openmpi-checkpoint depend
on blcr-util, but the package maintainer told me he found it unusual
that ompi-restart would depend on the cr_* binaries since libcr
supposedly provides all the functionality ompi-restart needs.

I'm about to compile OpenMPI in debug mode and take a look at the
backtrace to see if I can understand what's going on.

Btw, this is the list of files in the blcr-util package:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/blcr-util/filelist . As you can
see, only cr_* binaries and docs.

> Thanks again,
> Josh