No, I granted everything, clicked all the boxes.

In DCOMCNFG.exe, got to the COM Security tab, there are two "edit limits" sections, for Access Permissions and for Launch and Activation Permissions. I added myself as a user in both, and granted all 2 permissions in the first, and all 4 permissions in the second.

Charlie ...
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Windows: problems running on a second system.
From: Shiqing Fan <f...@hlrs.de>
To: cjohn...@valverdecomputing.com
Cc: Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>

Hi,

The lower case in the mpirun warning message shouldn't matter, as long
as the wmic launch doesn't work, mpirun doesn't neither.

According to your description, I think you missed some settings in
DCOMCNFG, that you probably have to grant the user "remote activation"
and "remote launch" permissions in the "launch and activation
permissions" section; the local/remote access permissions don't help.

Regards,
Shiqing