I have not been working with the integration of Open MPI and Torque directly, so I cannot state how well this is supported. However, the BLCR folks have been working on a Torque/Open MPI/BLCR project for a while now, and have had some success. You might want to raise the question on the BLCR mailing list and see if they can give you an update on that project.

-- Josh