Hello,
i am new on this mailing list!
i've read the other messages about configuring openMPI on Xgrid, but i
havent solved my problem yet and openMPI keeps running as if Xgrid didnt
exist.

i configured xgrid properly, and can send simple C program jobs trough the
command line from my client, which is the same as the controller and the
same as the agent for the moment.
>> xgrid -h localhost -p pass -job run ./helloWorld
i also installed xgrid Admin for monitoring.

then,
 i compiled openMPI 1.4.1 with these options

/configure --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi/ --enable-shared --disable-static
--with-xgrid
sudo make
sudo make install

and i made a simple helloMPI example.

/* MPI C Example */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <mpi.h>

int main (argc, argv)
  int argc;
  char *argv[];
{
int rank, size;

MPI_Init (&argc, &argv);       /* starts MPI */
MPI_Comm_rank (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &rank); /* get current process id */
MPI_Comm_size (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &size); /* get number of processes */
printf( "Hello world from process %d of %d\n", rank, size );
MPI_Finalize();
return 0;
}

and compiled succesfully

>> mpicc hellompi.c -o hellompi

the i run it

>> mpirun -np 2 hellompi
I am running on ijorge.local
Hello World from process 0 of 2
I am running on ijorge.local
Hello World from process 1 of 2

the results are correct, but when i check Xgrid Admin, i see that the
execution didnt go trought Xgrid since there arent any new jobs on the list.
in the end, openMPI and Xgrid are not comunicating to each other.

what am i missing??

my enviroment variables are these:

>>echo $XGRID_CONTROLLER_HOSTNAME
ijorge.local