Yes.  There is usually a difference between interactive logins and
non-interactive logins on which paths, etc. get set.  Look in your shell
startup and see if there is somewhere that it exits early (or otherwise doesn't
process) for non-interactive logins.

In short: you need to ensure that your paths (etc.) are setup properly for both
interactive and non-interactive logins.