El Lunes 17 Mayo 2010, Scott Atchley escribió:
> On May 16, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Lydia Heck wrote:
> > When running over gigabit using -mca btl tcp,self,sm  the code runs
> > alright, which is good as the largest part of our cluster is over
> > gigabit, and as Gadget-3 scales rather well, the penalty for running over
> > gigabit is not prohibitive. We also have a myrinet cluster and  on  there
> > larger runs freeze. However as the gigabit cluster was available we have
> > not really investigated this until just now.
>
> Hi Lydia,
>
> I can't help with the IB issue, but I am interested in the issue running
>  over MX.
>
> I found a ticket from 2007 regarding Gadget-2. The last set of mails
>  indicated that the app was running. You have had a few tickets since, but
>  none mentioned Gadget. Can you give me more details about the hang that
>  you experienced?
>
> I have a couple of ideas that we could investigate (one in Open-MPI and the
>  other in MX).
>
> Scott

Hello

To add a bit more of noise, I gave up with Gadget2 with openmpi-gm, it
always gets  frozen, and it may happen after days of integration, I was not
able to get a clear trend. Now it is working well with mpich-gm (thanks to
to the nice myricom folks ), meaning that at least  I don't have any
hardware problem.

Regards
--

           Jaime D. Perea Duarte. <jaime at iaa dot es>
             Linux registered user #10472

           Dep. Astrofisica Extragalactica.
           Instituto de Astrofisica de Andalucia (CSIC)
           Apdo. 3004, 18080 Granada, Spain.