Hello,

I am resending this because I am not sure if it was sent out to the OMPI list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

best ....

Michael

On 05/19/10 13:19, Michael E. Thomadakis wrote:
Hello,
I would like to build OMPI V1.4.2 and make it available to our users at the
Supercomputing Center at Texas A&M Univ. Our system is a 2-socket, 4-core
Nehalem
@2.8GHz, 24GiB DRAM / node, 324 nodes connected to 4xQDR Voltaire fabric,
CentOS/RHEL 5.4.

I have been trying to find the following information :

1) high-resolution timers: how do I specify the HRT linux timers in the
        --with-timer=TYPE
  line of ./configure ?

2) I have installed blcr V0.8.2 but when I try to built OMPI and I point to the
full installation it complains it cannot find it. Note that I build BLCR with
GCC but I am building OMPI with Intel compilers (V11.1)

3) Does OMPI by default use SHM for intra-node message IPC but reverts to IB for
inter-node ?

4) How could I select the high-speed transport, say DAPL or OFED IB verbs ? Is
there any preference as to the specific high-speed transport over
Mellanox/Voltaire QDR IB?

5) When we launch MPI jobs via PBS/TORQUE do we have control on the task and
thread placement on nodes/cores ?

6) Can we suspend/restart cleanly OMPI jobs with the above scheduler ? Any
caveats on suspension / resumption of OMPI jobs ?

7) Do you have any performance data comparing OMPI vs say MVAPICHv2 and
IntelMPI ? This is not a political issue since I am groing to be providing all
these MPI stacks to our users (IntelMPI V4.0 already installed).

Thank you so much for the great s/w ...

best
Michael

% Michael E. Thomadakis, Ph.D.  Senior Lead Supercomputer Engineer/Res \
% E-mail: miket AT tamu DOT edu                   Texas A&M University \
% web:http://alphamike.tamu.edu               Supercomputing Center \
% Voice:  979-862-3931                    Teague Research Center, 104B \
% FAX:    979-847-8643                  College Station, TX 77843, USA \