Which version of OMPI are you running on and the OS version?
Can you try and replace the rankfile specification with --bind-to-core and tell me if that works any better?

--td

Chamila Janath wrote:

_rankfile_
rank 0=10.16.71.1 slot=0

I launched my mpi app using,

$ mpirun -np 1 -rf rankfile appname

I can run the application on Intel dual-core machine with Linux based OS nicely. But i can't run it on single core machine(P4). The execution terminates specifying a problem of slot number. What is the reason for this? A bug or problem of the slot number I specified.(I tried by using rank 0=10.16.71.1 slot=p0:0 but it too failed)
Please help me.

Thanks a lot....