Ralph/Jeff,

Yes, the change was intentional.  I have upgraded PBS as well and built
1.4.2 pointing to the new PBS via a symbolic link to 'default' which allows one
to control the actual default without changing the path.  I did the same thing
on the non-IB system which seems to be working fine with 1.4.2.  This would
suggest that this is not the issue.

It is possible that the PBS build in the IB system was flawed, but it looked
normal.  I could rebuild it.  The PBS libraries (as well as MPI) are in a shared
location that is NFS mounted on the compute nodes so things should be in
sync, but I will verify this.

Any other suggestions ... ??

rbw

   Richard Walsh
   Parallel Applications and Systems Manager
   CUNY HPC Center, Staten Island, NY
   718-982-3319
   612-382-4620

   Mighty the Wizard