On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 00:13 +0200, Reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 13.06.2010 um 09:02 schrieb Zhang Linbo:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to OpenMPI and have encountered a problem with mpiexec.
> >
> > Since I need to set up the execution environment for OpenMPI programs
> > on the execution nodes, I use the following command line to launch an
> > OMPI program:
> >
> >   mpiexec -launch-agent /some_path/myscript ....
> >
> > The problem is: the above command works fine if I invoke 'mpiexec'
> > without an absolute path just like above (assuming the PATH variable
> > is properly set), but if I prepend an absolute path to 'mpiexec',
> > e.g.:
> >
> >   /OMPI_dir/bin/mpiexec -launch-agent /some_path/myscript ....
>
> using an absolute path is equivalent to use the --prefix option to
> `mpiexec`. Both ways lead obviously to the erroneous behavior you
> encounter.

Hi folks

Speaking as no more than an uneducated user, having the behaviour change
depending on invoking by an absolute path or invoking by some
unspecified (potentially shell-dependent) path magic seems like a bad
idea.

As a long-time *nix user, this just rubs me the wrong way.

Ciao
Terry

--
Dr. Terry Frankcombe
Research School of Chemistry, Australian National University